Saturday, April 16, 2011

AACCKK!! I'm so excited, I had to share...

No, I'm not pregnant yet. That's not the news.

But, we all know that I'm somewhat of an overachiever a huge overachiever and our goal was to get a  jump on this cloth diapering thing early. I can honestly say that we have been successful in doing this.

One day I was looking on Spots Corner on Hyenacart and I saw a Goodmama diaper being auctioned. The prices had jumped to well into the triple digits and I showed my husband, basically as more of an aren't-you-glad-I-don't-spend-that-on-diapers kind of thing. The print? Afternooon Outing, which is more commonly referred to as Alexander Henry's print called The Ghastlies (makes sense as to why the name was changed, huh?).

So I show my husband this diaper. I'm not a giantly huge fan of it, but turns out, it's his FAVORITE. He *has* to have this print on a diaper. Period.

Yeah, I know. My mouth is still hanging open. But, hey, if he is going to be willing to change and spray a cloth diaper into the toilet, help me stuff pockets, and do the laundry, he deserves to have prints he loves in the rotation too. Plain and simple.

Our goal was to get a jump on our stash, but we didn't want to spend a ton to do it... basically, if stuff fell into our lap here and there then great, and if it was something we had to have we'd buy it but we were trying to keep costs to a minimum. So, imagine my chagrin when I realized that I was not going to be getting this diaper for cheap and without having impossibly fast fingers. I mean really, diapers in this print, it doesn't matter who the maker is, won't stay on a shelf longer than a few seconds.

I decided to just strike out on my own and see if I could snag the fabric, then find a company where I could do a send-your-own-fabric (SYOF) thing. I looked and looked and looked, literally daily, for this fabric online.

Well, a few minutes ago, I FINALLY found some. I got a lot of it too because honestly, I need to have a good cut for a boy (in case we have one) and I wanted to have the fabric allowance to do it. I have on pre-order Alexander Henry Ghastlies fabric in gray!! EEEP! It cost a lot. It did. But, I knew it wasn't going to be cheap, and I know it's going to make him so happy.

And for those of you wondering, no, fabric to finished diaper will not cost anywhere near the triple digits.

YAY!

2 comments:

17sirens said...

Thanks for your advice! I was considering adding different kinds to my stash, but I didn't really have time/money to do so, I'm sure I will carry on my research as my baby grows and find out which works best :) I hope your CD'ing works out, too!

Andrea said...

Cute site you have! I'm addicted to fluff as well and that is to stinkin' cute of your hubs! ;)