Monday, April 25, 2011

ABCs of Me!

I got this idea from the mama that runs the Soleil Selene blog, but I figured it would be fun to fill it out.

So, here are the ABCs of me!


Age: 25
Bed size: King. I want a California King but it won't fit in this room right now.
Chore you hate: I really hate dishes. 
Dogs: I have one named Lola. She's our only furbaby. 
Essential start to your day: This is going to make me sound like a 5-year-old, but chocolate milk.
Favorite color: I love colorful things. I don't have a favorite though. 
Gold or silver: White gold.
Height: 5’7”ish
Instruments you play: Voice. Yes, your voice is considered an instrument. Honestly I'm not a very good singer though. 
Job title: It's complicated. I'm in the marine research industry though.
Kids: Just one furbaby so far. 
Live: Houston, Texas. 
Mom’s name: Jennifer.
Nicknames: Anj. My dad gave that one to me when I was little, and it makes everyone think my name is Angela. Thing is, even though it doesn't make sense, people start calling me Anj really soon after they meet me (without them knowing that's my nickname). I don't get it. 
Overnight hospital stays: Almost exactly a year ago actually. I was 24, and my appendix decided to burst. An emergency surgery and about two days later I was finally able to go home. 
Pet peeve: I have a lot. Some make sense, some don't. The main ones are poor customer service, flying into or out of the Chicago airport, flying into and out of the Atlanta airport, using food descriptions to talk about cloth diapers (they just aren't yummy, I'm sorry), bad grammar (I know we all make mistakes every now and then, but people capitalizing random adjectives really, really makes me lose it). I've also noticed that my tolerance for stupidity is inversely related to my age. The higher my age gets, the lower my stupidity tolerance threshold gets. 
Quote from a movie: What do tigers dream of, when they take a little tiger snooze? ~The Hangover (yes, I know.. but I love that movie).
Right or left handed: I'm ambidextrous. I know a lot of people say that, but anything my right hand can do I can literally do as well or almost as well with my left hand. I switch up what hands I use depending on the activity.
Siblings: one younger sister, and I consider my younger brother-in-law to be my brother as well.
Time you wake up: The later the better. Hey, I don't have kids yet, if I can sleep until 11 I'm going to do it :o)
Underwear: This is an odd one to put on here... umm, I like them? I don't know what else to say.
Vegetables you dislike: Honestly, most of them. It's a challenge to get me to eat veggies. I try to eat them as often as I can, but my mom fed me crap growing up (literally drive-through each and every day for breakfast) so I'm trying to break some pretty bad habits regarding my diet.
What makes you run late: My husband. I am frequently in the car or at the car on time to leave, and he almost never is. 
X-Rays you’ve had: Meh a few here and there. I was pretty athletic and accident prone as a child. 
Yummy food you make: I make awesome cajun (husband's family is from Louisiana, I'd be disowned if I couldn't) and some pretty awesome pumpkin cheesecake from scratch.
Zoo – favorite animal: The gorilla. The Houston Zoo has a red panda. I love it! Other than that, the penguins. I prefer aquariums to zoos though. 

1 comment:

Texas Type A Mom said...

Your pet peeves crack me up! The Atlanta airport is a nightmare - especially international terminals. I've never heard food descriptions to describe diapers but have heard celebrities use food descriptions to describe babies and I find it disturbing some use delicious. Stupidity kills me too - that's probably near the top of my list too.