Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The use of food terms in the cloth diapering community.

I started researching and learning about cloth in January of this year. Over these last four months, I have noticed some, for lack of a better term, conventions, in the cloth diapering community.

Some of the conventional speak is fine. Referring cloth as fluff and some of the abbreviations and terms, such as OTB meaning on the bum, fluffy mail referring to a diaper or other baby related product coming is fine.

The use of terms normally reserved to describe food really irritates me. Your cannoli from last night is delicious, but the cotton velour (CV) inner of a diaper? That's soft, squishy, and possibly even luxurious if you want to apply that. In my opinion, it is isn't in any possible way yummy at all.

I have no idea why this bothers me so much. It's not like it's a big deal, and it's not like those conventional terms are hurting me at all. But for some utterly stupid reason, I cringe every single time I read a food word being used to describe diapers.

Anyway, that's my random post for the day. :o)

No comments: