Thursday, April 7, 2011

Workout Wednesday (a day late) parts 2 and 3

I didn't update Workout Wednesday last week. You might be thinking "oh, she's already fallen off the wagon... I KNEW it wouldn't last that long." but you'd be wrong.

Last Wednesday afternoon, I was trying my best to get to Atlanta for two reasons, accompanying my husband on a work trip and a meeting at the aquarium (I live my day-to-day life in marine sciences). Since the Final Four was going on in Houston that weekend, travel into and out of our area was a pain, and we ended up getting routed to Chicago before heading to Atlanta. The long drawn out story boils down to this: Wednesday alone, I sprinted all of the Chicago airport (it's huge) and all day Thursday and Friday I walked around downtown Atlanta.

But that's not all. My husband and I have made a conscious effort to eat better, and it's been... I can't even remember when, since we have ingested any fast "food" crap. Yes, food is in quotations because it's not food. It's crap.

That's not to say we haven't had a few relapses. My step-mother-in-law made a cheesecake, and sent my husband home with a fairly large slice. Cheesecake is his favorite dessert, and since I wasn't there to say no, he brought it home. However, I would like to point out that one slice has lasted us about... 4 days.

This week, I'm hoping to continue with the less bad for you (we're still not all the way to organic. Baby steps.) food and continue with my C25K program. I need to add a weight routine in there as well and hit the gym.

No comments: