Thursday, April 21, 2011

Workout Wednesday, on time(ish) for once!

So I'm back, still plugging away at Workout Wednesday updates. Hey, this one is on time! Now, that's a step in the right direction.

This past week was.. eh. So so. Not bad, but not great. You get the idea.

My husband and I decided that we have way too many snacks in the house. I take full responsibility for that. Mama B posted an awesome recipe for Oreo brownies, and I had to try them. To be fair, I only made one dozen, and they lasted us for a long time and I shared them. This is a big step up for me because normally a pan of brownies disappears in my house quite quickly.

Our goal was to increase the amount of healthy snacks. We are going to make a conscious effort to keep fruit and veggies in the house to snack on instead of junk. We both feel that it will go a long way in our efforts to maintain a more balanced diet.

As far as actual workouts go, that's the part that didn't go so well. It was suggested to me that I'm trying to change too many things at once, and that I need to set specific goals for myself each week and go from there.

So, our goal this week: reduce the junk snack food. We are going to purchase carrots, apples, etc. and keep those on hand for grab and go snacks in place of cookies. So, we'll see how that goes!

No comments: