Saturday, June 18, 2011

Do you want to sign with your baby? Win a Baby Signs starter kit at Happenings of the Harper Household!

Baby signing seems like something my husband and I will do with our child. I, at one point in time, was almost fluent in sign language to the point where I could carry a conversation with the non-hearing community.

One of the biggest benefits to baby signing, for me anyway, is being able to have our child communicate their wants/needs clearly, without having to resort to screaming and crying. I don't want to be that frazzled parent that runs around the house having this conversation with my husband:

*Baby is SCREAMING*
Husband: *Yelling over the baby screaming* "WHY IS THE BABY SCREAMING?!"
Me: "I have no idea! I tried EVERYTHING!!!"
Husband: "Did you change the diaper?"
Me: "YES!!"
Husband: "Did you feed her?"
Me: "Honey, I literally tried everything!!"

Now, I'm not naive. I'm not naive at all. There will be days like that. There will probably be months like that. But, I'm hoping to minimize the amount that the above scenario occurs by teaching sign early on.

If you are interested in baby signing, there is a kit up for grabs from Baby Sign at Happenings of the Harper Household through July 1st.

http://happeningsoftheharperhousehold.net/2011/06/baby-sign-language-kit-review-giveaway/

No comments: